Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lets Try this One More Time

So we are going to chalk up 2014 to an adoration it ended up being a crazy year of transition in my life and one of the items that was moved to the back burner was this blog.  I can say that I did my fair share of fishing and catching for that matter but I would bore you with all the details.

Its has been a slow and cold start to my 2015 bass fishing year.  I have managed to only get out and wet a line two or three times of any consequence and have managed to land two fish and only one bass.  However that bass did turn out to be a solid 4.5 to 5 lber, wasn't carrying my scale on that day.

I have managed to do a little upgrading to my tracker.  She has a few new additions for the warm weather that I hope is right around the corner.  I have upgraded the trolling motor to a new Minn Kota 55lb and added new electronics in the form of a Lowrance Elite 7 HDI.  I took both of them out together for there maiden voyage on Sunday and they both worked like a charm.  I have never seen so much detail in the water.  Now my free time is going to be spent learning how to enhance my ability to interpret what I see, but this is one fisher man who could not be more happy.



In exactly one week I will be boarding a plane for what is now turned into my annual Florida trip.  This year we have extended our trip a day and added more fishing.  The hope is to fish four days while we are there but each year we have had to lose a day due to weather.  This year we built in an extra day thinking the same may happen and at minimum we will get in three.  I am eagerly waiting in anticipation, cleaning, organizing and re-spooling my equipment in preparation.  I am glad that February is behind us and hope that the spawn is upon us soon.

Until next time.....Tight lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment